Choosing the right storm doors for your residence in Downriver MI takes some time and research. It’s not the kind of thing that’s advisable to do yourself, you should hire a company that specializes in door repairs and installation, like Adkins & Sons. Let’s say you’ve chosen your entry doors, and are now contemplating storm doors. You can opt for wooden, fiberglass or steel storm doors.
Our company has been working with top door manufacturers like Pella, Therma Tru, Provia and Trapp since 1979. We offer the best expertise, quality and workmanship you can find in your home town. You definitely want to choose a company that is insured and licensed, and can pull a permit for door replacement and installation if it’s required. Bottom line, the business should be certified and owned by someone who cares about their customers, whether it’s a small or large job.
What should you look for in a storm door? Here are some tips to start with:
- Choose the material you want, such as wood, steel, fiberglass or vinyl. Consider your budget and exterior style.
- Make sure they come in a size you need. You may have an odd-shaped or overly tall door, so be careful when deciding on a new storm door. Ask the installation company if they can build you a custom storm door if necessary.
- Find out what kind of locking mechanisms it offers and what kind of safety features it has.
- Select a name brand like Pella or Trapp, for example, to be sure you get the best available.
Other important considerations
You want to be certain the storm door you have installed in your Downriver Michigan home is completely energy efficient. If it doesn’t shut tight or isn’t sealed properly, you’ll be dealing with drafts and air leaks, resulting in astronomical energy bills. Also, here are some questions you can ask reputable storm door installers such as Adkins & Sons:
- Do you offer warrantees on products and services?
- Can you provide fast delivery?
- Are you affordable, and do you offer financing and low-interest loans?
- Do you sell interior and exterior doors? What about patio , sliding and entry doors?
- Are they Energy Saver doors as defined by the government?
- Are custom storm doors an option? My home has oddly shaped door frames.
- Can I get an in-home consultation or inspection, and do you have a showroom I can visit?
By asking questions like these, you’ll be arming yourself with the best, most up to date information you need in order to make an informed decision regarding storm doors.
Colors and styles
Adkins & Sons is here to tell you storm doors do more than protect your home from the elements. Sure, good storm doors will guard against rain, ice, hail, snow and wind, and they should have durable locking systems. But they can also look good, too. You can get them in a variety of designs, styles and colors to match your home’s personality. Call the storm door specialists today at 734-548-9925. We will schedule you for a free in-home consultation and will expertly assess your entry doors, storm doors and patio doors, if requested. Whether you want trendy and modern, or traditional and understated, we are here to change your doors for the better. Our doors are the best in the industry, and our certified door professionals have years of training and state-of-the-art equipment to provide superior door replacement, repair and installation services. Stop by our showroom, or visit our website at https://doorsmichigan.com. We’re sure you’ll be impressed by our vast inventory of storm doors, entry doors, and patio doors including multi-slide, hinged (French), bi-fold, and sliding doors.
Prompt service and delivery
We challenge you to find a company that can provide the exceptional service, performance, quality and delivery we do at Adkins & Sons. We leave the competition in the dust when it comes to door repair and installation. We guarantee all of our workmanship and materials, and know you’ll love our affordability and financing options. We can make your door dreams come true, all it takes is one phone call. Don’t go another rain season with a damaged, broken or faulty storm door. When you choose us, you’re choosing a family-owned business that takes pride in every door we install. You’re treated like family by our staff every time you call us, because we value your business and want to be sure you’re completely satisfied with our work.